Blog posts, infographics, social media posts, podcasts: there are so many different types of content marketing formats. But have you tried videos? YouTube is a great platform to share your content. Let’s see why you should consider integrating it to your content marketing strategy!
Videos: try a new content marketing format
Why should you try videos as a new format of content marketing? According to a study by Software Advice, it seems that anything related to videos is generating more leads. What does this tell us? That users prefer watching videos rather than reading an e-book to get the information they are looking for.
Moreover, according to Dr. Susan Weinschenk there are 4 main reasons why online video is more compelling and persuasive:
- With videos, we pay more attention to faces
- Voice convey rich information
- Emotions are contagious
- And movements grab attention
As you understand, bringing an interactive and human experience to your content has a lot of positive aspects.
Define your objectives
So you’ve decided to use videos in your content marketing strategy. That’s a great first step! Now, uploading a video to YouTube will not get you views and leads. For this to happen, you have to define precise objectives.
What do you want to bring to your audience? There are several topics and formats you can use to entertain viewers:
- Host an interactive webinar: Webinars are great because they are interactive. You get to introduce your product and answer your audience questions. It’s a win-win situation: people can ask questions to understand what you’re doing and you can learn from their questions to improve your product.
- Interview an influencer: Interviews are a little like webinars because the audience feels “close” to the host and the interviewee. It is also a great opportunity for them to learn about their favorite influencers!
- Host a demo: Explaining something on paper can sometimes be a little tricky. By hosting a demo and recording what you are doing, it makes it easy to your audience to understand your product. With YouTube, you can also embed your demo on your site.
- Guides and how-to’s: Finally, guides and good old “how-to’s” are always appreciated by the audience, especially when what you’re showing is a little bit tricky to set up.
Bring something unique
Using videos for your content marketing strategy is a great idea, but you also have to know you are not the only one uploading videos to YouTube. There are 3 main aspects you should consider for bringing views and leads to your YouTube channel:
- Utility: To attract users, your video needs to be useful. You need to define a precise topic and solve a specific problem for it to be compelling.
- Entertainment: Creating a video is great, but if it’s boring there’s no point bothering. Make sure your videos are entertaining for your users, so at the end they remember what they learned, and enjoyed what they watched.
- Knowledge: Utility and entertainment are important but like mentioned earlier: you are not the only one uploading your knowledge to YouTube. To generate more views, you have to make sure your content is unique and that you stand out compared to the other millions of videos.
To conclude, did you know 80% of YouTube’s traffic is coming from outside the United States? Here’s a great infographic by YTD:
Looking for something ?
Tell us more about your Marketing Needs