Traditional marketing is losing effectiveness, they no longer resonate with audiences as it once did back in time, all hail to new innovative strategies which are being introduced in the market day by day. Thus, today to keep up with this progressive world you need to play smart when it comes to marketing.
What is a Content Marketing Plan?
Content marketing is a competitive marketing strategy that focuses on producing and delivering useful, appropriate, and reliable content to draw and maintain a specific audience, essentially to generate valuable customer activity.
Today’s content must communicate with your audience in a natural manner. Making a plot about the material or presenting the content in a story narrative serves to be an effective approach as in result your content feels more genuine, entertaining, and personalized to your target audience.
Why do you need a Content Marketing Plan?
The digital realm has been a hotspot of marketing competition. Thus having a content management campaign in place is now essential because:
- It helps in educating your leads and customers about your goods and services.
- It increases the number of your conversion rates
- It aids you in establishing customer-business relationships
- demonstrating how the goods and services will resolve the potential issues of the customers becomes easier.
- It helps create a feeling of belonging for your brand.
Since 2020, when Covid has hit the world it has created chaos in every aspect of living. Organizations, too, have been struggling with the COVID-19 crisis. It’s been witnessed that content marketing services are changing at a faster rate than ever before. Consumer preferences are changing dramatically all over the world as a result of lockdowns, and companies of all sizes are being forced to adjust accordingly.
With a significant rise in the number of participants who have implemented a campaign, both b2b and b2c advertisers are taking the lead. About 70% believe their content marketing campaigns are now more effective than last year. Thus, to get an overview of how to create an effective plan you can look up a content marketing plan example.
According to the Content Marketing Institute (CMI), as a direct result of the pandemic, 94 percent of content marketers will change their strategies in 2020, dramatically reshaping their branding methodology and changing their creative calendars. Although these may be necessary responses in the short term, the CMI contends that in order to formulate a long-term approach, businesses must continue to learn and consider the needs and requirements of internet users.
As a result, it’s critical to be aware of emerging market dynamics and to be able to see places where you may be able to benefit and grow. However, it’s up to you which type of content marketing you want to opt for your business, and through which platform. According to research, there are over 3.6 billion social media users worldwide. Taking advantage of this, many companies now engage in social media campaigns, collaborating with platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat. Building and posting content on each of them like through photos, live videos, pre-recorded videos, stories.
How to Create Pillar Structure:
Once you’re done with your content creation, start to get your pillar page shaped. The ultimate goal of your pillar page would be to improve the organization of your content and the rating of your website. Let’s see how that can be done:
- While creating a pillar page, the first thing you’ll need is an introduction that establishes the authority of what you’re about to teach in your content.
- Don’t compromise with the quality of words on your pillar page because it’ll serve as a foundation for the rest of your content. thus, it must be interesting to read.
- Then hyperlink all of the chapters that your content contains in such a way that when you click on one, you will be taken to that part of the content. However, if your content doesn’t have any follow-up blog posts then make sure that you have organized your content separating them from each other, to make it easier for the audience to scroll through and select the part of their interest.
- It’s probably best not to have CTAs on the pillar page as they’ll detract from these
To create visually attractive pillar pages you can take the help of content marketing presentation templates, you’ll get it done in a much easier way and in no time. These templates are highly customizable, adjust it according to your taste and see how effectively it attracts the audience towards your content.
What is a Marketing Funnel and How does it work with a Content Plan?
A content marketing funnel is a mechanism for converting as many leads as possible into real consumers that pay for the goods or services. This mechanism proceeds by guiding the customers through a step-by-step content flow. Visualize the shape of the funnel, the broader side narrowing down to the tail of the funnel, that’s how systematically it works. Opening up from the wider side which is brand visibility then comes interaction, narrowing down to evangelism. These stages are all enhanced by a content marketing plan.
Keep in mind that people can’t enter your crowd or, more specifically, buy from you if they don’t know who you are. Thus, people must first become acquainted with your business. In this regard, a content marketing plan may serve as a helping hand.
Effective ways in which you can utilize the plan in the different levels of the funnel:
It is the initial stage when a follower recognizes your brand or the stuff you’re marketing for the first time.
- Pay attention to high-level metrics when it comes to market recognition. A number of visitors, pageviews, best-performing blogs, interaction levels, time online, and articles viewed are all examples.This will assist you in ensuring that you are invested in the most important aspects. You might, for example, find out which blog posts are the most popular and attempt to duplicate them. You can, however, determine which blog posts are underperforming and then determine what went wrong.
- Utilizing SEO keywords in your content can also be a great way to spread your word among the targeted audience. Although it’s just a tip of an iceberg of the content market but can add it to your marketing plan to increase its effectiveness.
- Consider social media platforms to promote your brand. Posting attractive images and videos regarding your products or services will let you attract a larger audience.
It is the stage when a competent lead tries to see if your product or service is a good match for them by contrasting it to those on the market.
Once you have effectively gained the attention of your audience, the next thing you need to do is interact with them. You can measure the interaction rate occurring on your website by the number of emails entered for newsletter subscriptions, the number of returning visitors, form submissions that have been done on a daily basis, and lastly by the number of downloads on your website. However, you must first:
- Build content in order to continue to draw customers who are interested in your brand. Consider E-books as they do a fantastic job at establishing trust during the consideration process. They can read your opinions on various subjects, your voice tone, and even the way you present facts in this way you’ll gain their trust.
- The newsletter can also do wonders, building confidence during the contemplation stage of the buyer’s journey. A regular newsletter establishes a kind of continuing dialogue with your prospects.They may not be able to buy right now, but if they sign up for your email list, they are probably thinking about it.
It is the stage when a prospect collects the last piece of knowledge they need before making a purchase decision and becoming a customer.
At this stage, the distribution funnel, average order size, order volume, and incentive pipeline all come into play. Here you should consider:
- Using long-tail keywords, research claims that people are more likely to choose to buy something special from you if the long-tail keyword contains your brand name.
- Utilize CTAs in your content, keep in mind that if the visitor has reached this stage he is all set to hit the checkout button. but at times they need a little push to reach the finish line. Thus, try offering them coupons, discounts or free trials, or any special offer and see how they transform from a visitor to a customer.
Summing up with the hope that the above provided information would have cleared your thoughts regarding the content marketing plan. Knowing all these concerns will assist you in comprehending the more significant implications of excellent content creation, resulting in communicating with your target audience effectively.