The following post was contributed by Meghan Mabey, online marketing expert on DOZ.
By developing an online marketing campaign to promote your product or service, you can significantly improve your consumer reach and cultivate a more personal relationship with potential customers at a far lower cost than you can with mass marketing.
Internet marketing is becoming more and more popular among companies around the world, as they discover the benefits of promoting their product or services online. Unlike mass marketing, which succeeds in piquing the interest of local audiences through ads in newspapers, radio spots and billboards, internet marketing allows you to cultivate a more personal connection with consumers around the world, delivering valuable content through low-cost, personalized communication. By developing a professional online marketing campaign, you can ultimately draw more customers to your business or product, and help your company experience unprecedented growth.
Benefits of Internet Marketing
The following are the top five benefits of using an online marketing campaign to promote your business or product.
- Convenience – By developing an online marketing campaign, you can essentially be “open for business” 24 hours a day, without having to worry about store hours or overtime wages for staff. Not only is offering online access to your business or product convenient for you, it is also convenient for your potential customers. As more and more consumers around the world rely on the Internet for everything from shopping and entertainment to research and education, there’s no question potential customers will appreciate being able to learn about your business or product online at their own leisure.
- Cost – Cost is an important factor to consider in any marketing campaign, and by advertising your product or business online, you can avoid the high costs associated with traditional mass marketing. The cost of starting an online marketing campaign, for example, is only a fraction of the thousands of dollars you would spend on a billboard or radio and television ad, and can deliver long-term exposure rather than short-term results.
- Reach – By marketing your product or service online, you can overcome a number of barriers, most notably distance. While mass marketing practices like advertising on billboards or in the newspaper reach only a local audience, an online marketing campaign can extend your reach across the country or around the world, significantly widening your target audience and improving your opportunity for growth.
- Personalization – With a quality Internet marketing campaign, you can tailor your advertising techniques to your target audience, ensuring that your product or service will meet their eye in a timely and concentrated manner. Online marketing also allows you to create a clear-cut communication between yourself and your customers, which can help you build a better online presence and a more trustworthy image.
- Social – There’s no question that social media plays a major role in the advertising practices we see today, largely because consumers put a lot of stock in the reviews and comments posted online by their fellow consumers. With social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, you can easily incorporate social networking tools into your online marketing campaign and take advantage of consumers’ heavy reliance on social media.
Start Your Own Online Marketing Campaign Today
Consumers today are more interested in buying products and services online than ever before, and, as a result, a growing number of companies around the world are turning to online marketing to advertise their services or products online and set themselves apart from the competition. Ready to give online marketing a try?