The following post was contributed by Meghan Mabey, online marketing expert on DOZ.
By developing an online marketing campaign to promote your product or service, you can significantly improve your consumer reach and cultivate a more personal relationship with potential customers at a far lower cost than you can with mass marketing.
Internet marketing is becoming more and more popular among companies around the world, as they discover the benefits of promoting their product or services online. Unlike mass marketing, which succeeds in piquing the interest of local audiences through ads in newspapers, radio spots and billboards, internet marketing allows you to cultivate a more personal connection with consumers around the world, delivering valuable content through low-cost, personalized communication. By developing a professional online marketing campaign, you can ultimately draw more customers to your business or product, and help your company experience unprecedented growth.
Benefits of Internet Marketing
The following are the top five benefits of using an online marketing campaign to promote your business or product.
- Convenience – By developing an online marketing campaign, you can essentially be “open for business” 24 hours a day, without having to worry about store hours or overtime wages for staff. Not only is offering online access to your business or product convenient for you, it is also convenient for your potential customers. As more and more consumers around the world rely on the Internet for everything from shopping and entertainment to research and education, there’s no question potential customers will appreciate being able to learn about your business or product online at their own leisure.
- Cost – Cost is an important factor to consider in any marketing campaign, and by advertising your product or business online, you can avoid the high costs associated with traditional mass marketing. The cost of starting an online marketing campaign, for example, is only a fraction of the thousands of dollars you would spend on a billboard or radio and television ad, and can deliver long-term exposure rather than short-term results.
- Reach – By marketing your product or service online, you can overcome a number of barriers, most notably distance. While mass marketing practices like advertising on billboards or in the newspaper reach only a local audience, an online marketing campaign can extend your reach across the country or around the world, significantly widening your target audience and improving your opportunity for growth.
- Personalization – With a quality Internet marketing campaign, you can tailor your advertising techniques to your target audience, ensuring that your product or service will meet their eye in a timely and concentrated manner. Online marketing also allows you to create a clear-cut communication between yourself and your customers, which can help you build a better online presence and a more trustworthy image.
- Social – There’s no question that social media plays a major role in the advertising practices we see today, largely because consumers put a lot of stock in the reviews and comments posted online by their fellow consumers. With social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, you can easily incorporate social networking tools into your online marketing campaign and take advantage of consumers’ heavy reliance on social media.
Start Your Own Online Marketing Campaign Today
Consumers today are more interested in buying products and services online than ever before, and, as a result, a growing number of companies around the world are turning to online marketing to advertise their services or products online and set themselves apart from the competition. Ready to give online marketing a try?
I agree with you on the social part. We can further enhance the benefit of social media by using social login on our websites and blogs. Using social login we can simplify the registration process, increase user engagement, increase conversion rate and also get user profile data which helps in online marketing.
Good point, Bhaben! Has it been working for your site?
Yes we are using it on our website with some great results and also we provide this service. Millions of companies around the world are using our service,Redbull, Viafoura,Easytobook, Quickflix are few to name among them. You can always visit their websites or can visit our website for more details on this and how it can transform your business. The website URL is http://www.loginradius.com
I agreed those points you have discussed regarding the benefits of Internet Marketing.
Now there is no doubt why internet marketing is useful to promote business or product. Thanks for sharing such valuable information.
Offering online access to your business or product is an excellent convenience for both yourself and your potential customers. Being able to properly market your information across the internet is a great way spread your company’s name and get more customers. Making sure to get help with your online marketing, especially if you’ve never had a website before, is probably a great way to start to spread your information to a larger audience.
My wife and I are constantly using the internet. When looking for services, we often look on Facebook or Twitter for recommendations from friends or family. I agree that social networking is extremely important in reaching customers, and that a online marketing agency can help maximize your reach through those avenues. I’ll remember this information next time we look for a service.
Thanks for pointing out how online marketing is like having your business open to potential customers 24 hours a day. I’d imagine that lots of businesses want to get more customers and increase their profits. If I had a business, I’d think having my business online would help draw more customers to my company.
Very Informative Blog! I agreed those points you have discussed the five benefits of Internet Marketing. Internet marketing is useful to promote business or product. Thank you for sharing valuable article.
You make a good point that you can have a really large reach with internet marketing because you can easily overcome those barriers you mention. It could also help you more easily reach your target audience without doing too much extra. Having a pro do your marketing would probably help you boost your online presence and get your company noticed.