While everybody was talking about the Grammy’s ceremony, getting flowers for Valentine’s day, nobody seems to care about Capseo’s +1 PageRank. I still wonder why! That means now our page rank is 4, before it was 3.
Well, at least I know why our page finally got +1. I would say that we have been working hard on our webpages for months to get it, but I would be lying. To be honest with you this is thanks to what we have all been waiting for: the Google PageRank Update. Done during the night of February 6, 2012, everybody- or should I say those who work hard to attract readers- has been waiting for this moment. For those who really care about their PageRank I’m sure you agree that it was a sneaky update.
To show you how much I care about my readers, and also because Valentine’s day made me a little more tender, I will explain how the PageRank works.
The first thing you should know is that it’s a “numeric value that represents how important a page is on the web. Google figures that when one page links to another page, it is effectively casting a vote for the other page. The more votes that are cast for a page, the more important the page must be. Also, the importance of the page that is casting the vote determines how important the vote itself is.”
Google assigns a PageRank to every page of a website and/or blog with a grade between 1 and 10, 10 points being the highest. Google gives ratings on the basis of many factors such as:
- Google links to your site while maintaining relevancy
- Quality of content on the site
- Website load speed
- Bounce rate
- Number of pages on your site etc
Backlinks help in getting PR 1-2, but to get higher PR, backlinks quality and domain age should be considered more seriously.
Here are some tips to get better PageRank since the new update:
- Writing posts on a regular basis, at least 1 article daily
- Giving a better design to your site so users can interact easily
- Commenting on related blogs/articles to build related backlinks
- Making a community around your blog/site
- Being active in social media like facebook and twitte
- You can also hire an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) expert (We have a great one in our team)
For the wellness of the pages of your blog/website, please, I’m begging you, treat it well!
And for this, you should ask Capseo